Congratulations From The Old Rectory Handsworth
The Old Rectory Handsworth is the perfect place for those looking for somewhere to hold a post-christening celebration or a baby naming event. There are a variety of private rooms available which can seat as little as 6 and up to 200, meaning we can accommodate almost any party.
Let us look after you whilst you celebrate.
Baby Naming Ceremony
Looking for somewhere to host a baby ceremony then have a look at the packages which are available to you.
Your ceremony can include:
- Welcome introduction - 1st reading
- Naming of the child - Parents promises
- Sponsors/Guardians promises - 2nd Reading
- Lighting of a candle after promises - Closing Words
- Presentation of a gift by parents
- Signing of presentation certificate
You will need to book the registrar for your ceremony, and The Old Rectory falls under the Sheffield Registry Office which can be contacted on 01142 03 9420.
Below, you will find information regarding our Baby Naming Packages and Post-Christening Celebration Packages which are applicable throughout the year*. If you wish to have a bespoke package, please feel free to contact us and our team will be more than happy to help.
- Private use of the suite for the full day
- Dedicated Baby Changing Room
- White Table Linen
- Cake Stand and Cake Knife
- Table Plan Easel
- Present and Guest Book Table
- Events Coordinator
- Complimentary onsite car parking spaces
- Special Accommodation Rates at our sister hotels
* Subject to availability and managers discretion, minimum numbers may apply.
If you have any queries please get in touch by email: email@example.com and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Baby Naming Suites
When your numbers are between 10 and 30 guests, there is a room hire of £150.00.
When your numbers are 31 to 50 guests, there is a room hire of £200.00.
When your numbers are 51 to 180 guests, there is a room hire of £500.00.
Your Events Co-ordinator will advise of the which room will be used for your guest numbers.
Luxury Afternoon Tea
We would be able to offer our Luxury Afternoon Tea which is at £12.95 per person and would be inclusive of:
- Homemade Fruit Scones served with Jam and Clotted Cream
- a selection of finger Sandwiches
- an assiette of Miniature Desserts and a choice of Teas.
Why not add a glass of Champagne at a additional cost of £8.50 per person
Finger Buffet Menu £14.95 per person
Includes a selection of sandwiches
- Egg Mayonnaise
- Ham and Mustard
- Turkey and Cranberry
- Wensleydale and Sweet Pickle
Pick 5 additional items from the list below:
- Vegetable Samosas with a cucumber and mint yogurt
- Fingers of freshly baked quiche
- Spring rolls
- Sliced pork pie
- Sausage rolls
- Stone baked pizza slices
- Chicken drumsticks
- Potato wedges with a garlic and chive dip
- A selection of Crudites
- A selection of miniature fresh cakes to follow
Or upgrade your menu choices to this mouth-watering menu at a supplement of £9.50 per person
- Fingers of poached salmon with a tarragon mayonnaise
- Coronation chicken with a rice salad
- Freshly baked savoury quiches
- Mixed oriental savouries with a soy dip
- Three cheese and chive roulade
- Hot stir-fried beef and vegetables
- Potato and chive salad
- Mini hot dogs
- Garlic bread
- Mixed Salad
- A selection of fresh cakes or cheese and biscuits to follow
“An Amazing time”
“Great Ideas, wonderful staff and just what the students deserved.”